Suggestions

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Suggestions

Post  PROcuratorDotA on Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:45 am

- Maverick and Nightsober are too strong, Nightsober's stun is not needed. There is no comparison of Nightsober and Oceanus (similar cost, skill - i mean bounce).
- Splash sucks or owns, depends of standing or flying above same ground. This thing should be fixed somehow at example giving dragons another good ability. Same with tremor and ice troll aura (but in fact its not very usefull even against melees)
- Moon Guard is boring, it looks like assasin, but behaves like tank/dps with too big cost. Give it wind walk and boost attacking from behind or let making little irritaiting starfall, even stuning for few moments.
- Some costs of hybrid's Tiers should be lower, best thing is taking average of all costs that lvl includes and adding some SMALL amount of money to round it.
- Both mechanical races should have magic dmg, imho Goblin should have even 1 interesting aura or special unit (maybe repairing clockwerks?).
- Golem is too expensive to his hp, dmg and so on, 2 Mudmans are co much better and even a bit cheaper.
- Maybe U should make air mines? U know what i mean - flying ones ^^
- Imho Shredder and Doomsday machine should have special attack, at example - Shredder damages attacking melee units from the front sloughtering them under its catterpillars ^^, Doomsday machine - weak rocket multiple target attack.
- Some more units than Goliath should have bigger armor (i mean similar ability).
- Living elven warriors as Slayer as Novice should have quite similar hp. Why slayer can take that amount of blows on his chest as kill 10 novices? It's not reasonable. I am convinced that if U give stronger units more armor or special abilieties (such as evasion) U will make it more life-like.
- Elves need Novice's upgrade like Guardian, normal warrior (all similiarities with Veteran, model of Blood Elves Lieutenant) than imho existing upgrade of Novice (i don't remember the name ;/) should have bigger range, like 180 - Pyro's, Ygg's we would be able than to make more complex defence.
- Colt should have description like tuskarr that upgrade is range.
- Ascendant should have another spell. Crittering (like i call it ^^) doesn't work on bosses so its useless, just nothing to compensate in its cost all this lost, don't forget that 20 and 30 are hardest waves (on x2 and x3 i mean, with some little tactical exceptions).
- Why its nothing like Illidan model unit, i deluded that it's in Elven force but it wasn't. I think it could be in Prison Break! idea, but it needs swap of 4 and 6 lvl or very big cost improvement which provides changes.
- PLZ CHECK LEGION TD REMADE 1.01v based on 1.50v rules. This idea with fighting towers is worth thinking of. Check also new mode -ns, which makes incomers not able to save wood to send 12 krakens on 29 lvl.
- Something is also screwed up with Beast armor types, they rarely look like heavy, imho only units such as upgraded ogre (don't remember the name ;/), Dragon Aspect, Graymane, Grizzly.
- Personally i liked Tidal's wave i don't understand why it was removed when tremor and another splash imbas still exist...

Best wishes and all hope that U use some (silentest and biggest hope that U use all :O) of my ideas in new version of this awesome game.
Damn, by mistaken i took it here, imho should be in Suggestions as even ttile sayd, but it's up to Admin now.

PROcuratorDotA

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post  PROcuratorDotA on Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:06 pm

About new version, i am quite starting testing it but i found 2 things which i think U may change(d). Mines sometimes don't explode idk why. Clockwerk imho should not cost 2 food. It's still quite weak and in fact making fel goblins was the only way to have army of low food needed units in Mechanical, imo it shouldn't change.

PROcuratorDotA

Back to top Go down

Post  konrad901 on Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:13 pm

i like ur suggestions Very Happy would be happy if could see half of it or more in next verion Very Happy
good job Very Happy
konrad901
Captain
Captain

http://www.youtube.com/user/JumpingDreamers

Back to top Go down

Post  PROcuratorDotA on Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:31 am

Thx a lot (dziękuję ;).
Now, Ascendant in this new version has this crittering working properly but still 1 thing with it is screwed. I mean cooldown or just delay between next uses. I never used all 5 ocurssions in 1 battle, it never lasts enough long, maximum 2-3. I think that it's not fair to have big mana pool and not being able to spend all, it's like cheating player. mana pool should be smaller - to compensate, bigger dmg or another ability (which i encourage u to make ;) or just make so much shorter cooldowns. Just fix it somehow ;P

PROcuratorDotA

Back to top Go down

Post  eGze on Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:25 am

Cool list but I did not introduce everything. I will write changes in changelog list.
eGze
Admin
Admin

http://legiontd.in-goo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PROcuratorDotA on Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:37 am

I must emphasise encouriging U to look at REMADE version. Think about that ;).
1 more thing - tsar mine's name is ultra mine, same with skill's name, but dmg is proper, just cosmetics ;).
Plz in next ver (i read changelog, rly like mechanical) try to balance old races somehow, maybe 20% chance each attack to deal AoE dmg instead of tremor and this imba bigfoot's stun.
And look into my list one more time and think 1 mroe time about those changes, imho most of them are reasonable.

PROcuratorDotA

Back to top Go down

Post  eGze on Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:25 am

PROcuratorDotA wrote:I must emphasise encouriging U to look at REMADE version. Think about that Wink.

I did not find anything new there. Only double creeps.

This map?
eGze
Admin
Admin

http://legiontd.in-goo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PROcuratorDotA on Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:26 pm

Following suggestions. I read about idea of making waves 30+ and i found out, that it's pure idea, but one thing...
Regular units as we have already can not be enough interesting in fight like 39 lvl. All idea will be to make fast income, praying not to leak so much and then spam tier 6 units. It's not LegionTD which we desire i hope... So i have two more ideas:
1. Make Forge with kinda expensive upgrades for each/all race(s) which requires exact lvl number. I am not sure will +1 armor be a great idea, but sth like: Steamrollers' catterpillars, change type of armor of War Priest to divine, inscrease as of range units, armor reducing aura on aura units (note that high foes' armor is the main problem of making this shit up on higher lvls), PM regeneration etc.
2. Add new units which requires exact lvl (omg i keep on reapitin ;p). At example:
Demi-Human: Powerfull range Troll Warlord improves alpha males somehow, and has insane dmg/as, but is quite vunerable. U can also give him limited amount of range attack, then he goes to melee Smile.
Mech: Next tank. It can even has similar attack rate and dmg, but sends also loads of shell splinters which does magical dmg (not reduced by armor). It should also has another intersting attack or upgraded shileding. Here u have a proposal for model of this unit:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/elite-siege-engine-ubertank-178202/
Shadow: Thats not hard to find appropriate model for it (Archimonde, Kil'jaeden), make imba spellcaster, rather not summoner. He can maybe make some area dmg blasting, high dmg spell like finger of death or he can summon for few seconds impossibly powerfull little units which make fast ownage and disappear.
Marine: King of Sea Giants with chance to do splash dmg (he spins), carapace or whatever. Maybe powerfull Azshara favourite ? ;P Storm clouds but much better, or sumthin new. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/nagaenchantress-47743/?prev=search%3Dnaga%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20
OR Royal Guard of Azshara Herself? http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/high-detail-naga-myrmidon-150580/?prev=search%3Dnaga%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20
OR some kind of Naga's God, Lord of sumthin: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/tidebaron-106883/?prev=search%3Dnaga%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20 He looks NICE Wink.
Frost Dude: Powerfull Frost Archont. He can have splitted attack, frost aura which slows his foes, single area spell attack or/and he might explode after death. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/frost-archon-172140/?prev=search%3Dwyrm%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20
Nature: Druid with several distracting spells such as 0.1 stuns each 1 sec for 5 sec. Thorn Aura which deals dmg depending of distance his foes went. Or just whirlwind of Thorn around him, 2+ entangles at the same time, alternative for fast dying Guradians.
Mechanical: Goblin Crypt Lord? x) fast attack rate, spines - can be passive chance to deal area dmg (like crypt lord but plz without stun...), can buy engineer(s) for 40 gold for the reminder of round who increases his regen/repairs him (mybe not only?).
Elves: Illidan. Burning cloak, circle attack, can jump/fly back when he is 30%- or morph to sumthin else - some kind of deamon? Many possibilities Wink. Can be also strange elf tank with slow attack rate but very powerfull line spell attack. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/adamant-fxd-128591/?prev=search%3Dtank%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D5 . Angel? look down - Dwarves.
Dwarves: Angel. Sounds odd, Dwarves - angel? But why not? Maybe he has Ressurection for 4- Tier units. Maybe healing aura, but divine armor + powerfull attack is commitment! http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/archangel_incarnationofredemption-50740/?prev=search%3Ddwarf%2520angel%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist OR http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/angel-65292/?prev=search%3Ddwarf%2520angel%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist
OR Troll Slayer: Just kensai-like warrior, fast dies but jumps inside the enemies and starts slaughtering. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/rifleman-49632/?prev=search%3Ddwarf%2520angel%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D4
Elemental: Lightning Elemental - very vunerable, but with powerfull magic attack, maybe his power can depend of Messiah aura somehow i think it's bad idea, improves phoenixes are enough. Note that making new 3rd liner is not convinct for Elemental, it has no tanks. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/lightningelemental-49508/?prev=search%3Delemental%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist . Another possiblity is Fire Torando - diffinitely area dmg around it, but about hp, armor, type of armor etc. - i've no idea. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/tornadoelemental-50320/?prev=search%3Delemental%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist
Ghost: I have more than 1 idea. Shadow dragon: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/elder-shadow-dragon-150467/?prev=search%3Dghost%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D2 (or change colour of Frost Wyrm and add something inside his chest), thats easy, some splash, maybe something else, his hp can be based on mana such as upgraded Priest but it doesn't have to. Another idea: Lich - he can make dark clouds blinding enemies or making them missing their attacks (darkness aura?), he can make decay area spells based on % of life, he can have also +X% life dmg attack, which seems to be nice. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/shadowlich-47531/?prev=search%3Dlich%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20 or death cloud attacks (makes units losing their hp in time) (type "Cloud: on hiveworkshop.com and see), rather slow attack rate.
Beast: Kodo Beast Tower - multiple targets fast low dmg attack and massive hp. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/kotobeasttower-50681/?prev=search%3Dbeast%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20 . Ogre Warlock - multiple Bloodlust spell, i think its alrdy quite powefull, average attack, average hp etc. Ogre Butcher - MASSIVE hp, strong single, slow attack, slow movement, gets faster gets hurt. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/ogrebutcher32-51180/?prev=search%3DOgre%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20

I hope u read this comment. About remade version: yes, it's this idea. Middle fights should grant no more than 2xlvl gold i think.
I hope I inspired u to do sth awesome in following versions, if i only could use editor and have enough time, i would do it myself. I would...

Last edited by PROcuratorDotA on Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

PROcuratorDotA

Back to top Go down

Post  PROcuratorDotA on Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:28 pm

I meant MIddle battle, after killing spawn u have battle between living towers from each side, its nice cause u have to also think what would be good against enemy not only against creeps Wink . But 2 things were screwed - too much money and towers were spawned chaoticly, mixed, hen they should on the corners to place range units in proper possitions.

PROcuratorDotA

Back to top Go down

Post  konrad901 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:35 pm

dude i love idea with special buildings Very Happy we will see what egze will doo
konrad901
Captain
Captain

http://www.youtube.com/user/JumpingDreamers

Back to top Go down

Post  PROcuratorDotA on Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:45 pm

U mean Forge? Very Happy or Tier 7? Wink I'd glad to see 31-40 lvls Wink 39 lvl - 15 doppelgangers XD Problematic...

PROcuratorDotA

Back to top Go down

Post  PROcuratorDotA on Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:50 am

Next thing: have u ever played Skibi's Castle? It's awesome TD which i rly reccomend but besides that, there u have 2 modes - normal and insane, hy dont u try to make something like that, completelly other creeps will provide better tower defending. I do know that it can change everythingbut it's only a suggestion for fuuutre ver's. Maybe we will need new tools (forge ups?, special upgrades of old units which provide Insane mode) to do it, but maybe its worth ur tryings. I am convinced now that LegionTD's future is not based on new races. U convinced me to that, which i thank for Smile .
Another thing - random creeps models to make it more interesting Very Happy. The total weight of map will increase but acolytes dont have to look like acolytes, maybe bone archers? ;p
I know it seems to be too exhaustive and not worth ur effort, but maybe it doesnt?
What do u think?

PROcuratorDotA

Back to top Go down

Post  guy4 on Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:30 am

Awesome ideas, love the forge and the new units, would be amazing to have more levels too, but would be greatful for forge first and then new untis later and then new levels etc because would prob take quite some time to implement all of it at once.

I like your idea about level unlocking, but even better would be level and kill combination. So if a pure incomer reaches that level they cant just spam them, because they dont have enough kills to build them. This would put people off pure incoming a lot, because if they pure income they prob wont get enough kills to unlock this awesome summons and units.

guy4
Respected
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  PROcuratorDotA on Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:38 am

Whats more 100% leak can be punished by extra spawn unit without bounty for it.

PROcuratorDotA

Back to top Go down

Post  PROcuratorDotA on Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:53 am

What do u think about special units? Let me highlight the idea. We should firstly remove all aura units from barracks to make "mode" or change existing version like that: Each wave will have its own master, one creep slightly stronger than others, with aura which type depend of type of wave. Acolytaes probably need more dmg, satyrs - armor (dmg - too good), infernals - reducing dmg aura to our towers, zombies - ms aura etc. etc. They can be doubled or even tripled in a type it doesnt rly matter. The thing is that standard game with it will be so much harder, problem is with balancing. Maybe add more gold at the start? Higher bounty? Maybe if u take the idea of bonus spawning for 100% (post above) workers should move/gather faster to encourage incomers to get their income when they are already discouraged to doing that by extra spawn?
Another idea is based on changing type of sending units for more balanced one. Listen - imho its awesome! Players can no more send units such as Dino, Warrior, Commander, Archer, Balistas, Wivern, Kraken and what so ever. U pay some money to spawn some more units of the type which the wave is! At example u can save some wood to send +2 acolytes or satyrs. Imho harder waves (as mentioned acos and satyrs) should be more expensive, another thing is about limiting maximum send. No more than +3 (on normal mode, +6 on X2, +9 on X3) would be balanced. Another thing is about reducing maximum bonus spawn on 28 and 29 lvl, just not possible to defend +9 infernals with aura hero. If u use also idea with commanders probably players should have option to spawn 1 commander instead of at example 2 regular units, just to get sure, that aura will work enough long.

PROcuratorDotA

Back to top Go down

Post  guy4 on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:53 pm

awesome idea about the 1 aura unit!! On boss rounds they need to be protected somehow tho, coz might be less effective if they get targetted first. I dont really like the fact that the amount of sends has to be limited. Even though I hear your view about some rounds being impossible (maybe just make those units cost alot of lumber?) i.e. I normally max workers (normally 27-28 workers and 3 lumber ups between end of lvl 20 and 22) and then I start saving lumber for lvl 31 (or 29/30 if the opposing team has any weaknesses against those waves). This gives your team a huge advantage going into 31 or even ending on the tough 29/30 levels. If this is limited, it will make it harder to give your team the advantage as you will need to spend your lumber and have left gold over for 30/31 because you have reached the food limit early.

guy4
Respected
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  guy4 on Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:46 am

sorry to double post, but been thinking about you suggestion further. Mayeb implementing a new unit for every wave might be an overkill. how about this .. every 9th wave that unit is summoned (so it isnt summoned for boss levels) and is summoned on slightly easier levels i.e. 9,18 and 27. But you can summon normal summons, not more creeps.

off your suggestion - There was a map I played called legion.160 (on the www.legiontd.com site) but isnt the offical version which had a new tavern of summons with some nce abilities, maybe some new summons as well will add more diversity in strategy

guy4
Respected
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  PROcuratorDotA on Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:20 am

Coursly they would! But I thought about something compelatelly else - revolution in summoning, not just making it more diverse but even revolutionize as I said. ;p

Dont apologize for double posting, no one cares Wink It's forum to help egze making good maps not for having some kind of unmessy, well-organised forum to talk about nothing.

PROcuratorDotA

Back to top Go down

Post  Visitor on Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:52 am

@PROcuratorDotA: I can't say that I agree with some of your suggestions. Adding an aura unit will ruin the game and make it imbalanced. I think the idea here is to continue the development of LTD, not to create another map... I like the mechanics of the original game just the way they are.

@guy4: That map you've played is the latest official and original version of legion td.
Visitor
Tempest
Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  PROcuratorDotA on Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:07 am

Hm. The problem is that we are here to change this game, develop, upgrade, make it more complex and harder not to stay the same and only add races. I am rly oppened for criticism but I think that ur not proper person here, u ant to stay the same be want to change. egze ants to improve this map look at babes of his effort, I am only the little grey suggestor, I am only tiding up here ;p
Look ona nother thing - I said, adding aura will change most of the game, we will need better units, upgrades, more money, spells (?) or whatever I know about that, so argument "it will be imbalanced" is not proper here cause i dont anna change 1 thing but several, anyway it depends of egze so talk to him if u ant to stay the same i hope he ill not listen to ya, sorry.

PROcuratorDotA

Back to top Go down

Post  Visitor on Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:46 pm

I don't think that your the proper person too
PROcuratorDotA wrote: We should firstly remove all aura units from barracks..
Laughing It will be imbalanced, cause all units have their strenghts and weaknesses and your aura unit will change the gameplay entirely. A much better idea is to add more aura units to the barracks. That will not change the gameplay and your game strategies.
Visitor
Tempest
Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  PROcuratorDotA on Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:54 pm

The point is that our current strategies should be changed cause they are schematical. More options and harder game will complicate it, probably making u not able to win. So go play ur legiontd and let me help egze develop this game plz.

Do not stick to my correctness i have problems on my keyboard with W.

PROcuratorDotA

Back to top Go down

Post  Visitor on Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:47 pm

I just want this map to have the main concepts of the original ltd. If not, maybe it should be renamed, cause it won't look like legion td any more.

P.S. It looks like you have problems with the english personal pronouns, cause "we" and "you" are two different things albino
Visitor
Tempest
Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  PROcuratorDotA on Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:37 am

I dont care rly, what u do is spam.

PROcuratorDotA

Back to top Go down

Post  guy4 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:06 am

SIgh this "visitor" doesnt know what he is talking about. Legion 2 is called legion 2 because it is a new improved Legion.
If you want to play boring legion, where you rehash the same build over and over you are entitled to, but legion 2 is already way better, and will get even better with Proc's ideas.

Proc's ideas are great. As he said he provdies the ideas and E will develop what he thinks is best. A good combination.

And about the 1.60 on the official site, I know ofc there is an offical version called 1.60. I was talking about the unofficial 1.60 in the developers section. The one that has trees pushed further back so you can get more workers, the king gets items every round and more summons in a new third tavern etc. Please read before you comment.

Anyways to sum it up, good job on all the suggestions. They are really nice ideas. Would be so cool if you could work with E, on making the next changelog, because he could tell you which ideas are difficult to code, and which ideas he doesnt like and plan the changes he does like and that he can code with relative ease.

The only problem looking objectively at your good suggestions, is there a quite a lot, which makes it tough to decide on which ones to do because they are all pretty good suggestions, which will add a new dynamic, to Legion 2

guy4
Respected
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top