Improving antistuck

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Improving antistuck

Post  VanquisherR on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:29 pm

I think HuanAK should make it so you can only cast anti stuck on your own units. Otherwise, you can abuse antistuck to make units run around.
e.g. At the end of a round and when somebody leaks, you can cast antistuck on a team member's tower before they teleport to the king and make them run back towards the middle of the lane.

VanquisherR
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Re: Improving antistuck

Post  Bombastik on Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:11 pm

I think anti-stuck is a bug, i actually don't know if HuanAk made this trick on purpose or not.
Maybe he will fix in 3.5 or just ... annihilate it. (-:
Bombastik
Respected
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  VanquisherR on Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:45 pm

No, units do get stuck sometimes if you build together. You need that function.

VanquisherR
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Post  HuanAk on Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:35 am

VanquisherR wrote:I think HuanAK should make it so you can only cast anti stuck on your own units. Otherwise, you can abuse antistuck to make units run around.
e.g. At the end of a round and when somebody leaks, you can cast antistuck on a team member's tower before they teleport to the king and make them run back towards the middle of the lane.

Two questions:

1, do this unit still run to teleport seconds later ?

2, do anyone ever seen fighter stuck in 3.41 ? (I should disable anti-stuck on fighter, and only need it for creep )

HuanAk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  von_Oberstain on Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:39 am

i feel bit guilty on whole antistuck thing, so i'm going to post here too Smile

antistuck in 1.5 (think it's same one in mega) acted as source of significant abusement. range is far too big and effects almost immediate. in 1.6b, range was decreased (i *think*, nobody has actually seen the code - well, huan probably could extract and see jass triggers, while mine theories are only experience-based) and there is a delay between clicking antistuck and actually unstucking the target. still, abuse is possible, and many (all?) good players use this as an advantage - it is possible to divide or slow down creeps just enough to pass with lower value than normal - same build without using antistuck fails... MEGA-specific, i am able to cause large delay in incoming wave by causing collision of units on corner of lane, using middle build - and it's not because i'm a master of the game, it takes only little practice to execute

in Pro/Revo, builder gets mana reduced to zero at beginning of round, with a cooldown of 25 seconds. antistuck cost 25 mana. this effectively removes abuse potential of antistuck (in this time, wave has reached the players army), while retains usability in case of REAL stuck - this is probably good solution for MEGA also.

on stuck issue: PEOPLE LIE ABOUT STUCKING BEING MAJOR PROBLEM. i've played more than 3000 games and encounter REAL stuck maybe once or twice (while witnessed antistuck use/abuse in more than 2000 - basically every game i played against good opponents).

"happens sometimes in middle build" is a lie, and i stand firmly behind this claim. it doesn't happen SOMETIMES, there are few positions called "stuck positions" which indeed cause stuck (both on middle or in line), but they are KNOWN TO DO THIS, and easy to avoid (also, they can be replicated like infinite number of times, which still doesn't prove NECESSITY of having a manual antistuck - there is an automatic one which triggers every 3 seconds and solve most problems, and also building in knows stuck position is... well, lame).

bottomline - stucking has very low potential of ruining the game - much less than, for instance, host disconnect

real question is whether huan wants to keep antistuck as a kind of "micro" element, in reduced form, since it does allow some kind of manipulation of creep waves, and takes some skill - anyhow, it's better solution than "control unit" suggestion. admittingly, i also abuse antistuck when playing 1.6b and miss it sometimes in Pro/Revo Sad

hope this will help in final decision - both removing it as an abuse or keeping it as some kind of skill-based benefit has its appeal - but i deny that stuck happen randomly or often in any LTD version (yup, i play MEGA from time to time also, since early versions). as proof of this, i invite anyone who claims stuck being a major problem to post more than five different unit positions that cause stuck - if anyone is able to provide this, i'll admit publicly that i was wrong and refrain from any further advices, since my incompetence will be proven Smile
von_Oberstain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NERV on Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:06 pm

HuanAk wrote:(I should disable anti-stuck on fighter, and only need it for creep )

This will be bad at lv 30 when we need anti stuck go get all ours units to fight incoming creeps.
NERV
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  HuanAk on Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:09 pm

I change them again, so it will work like this in 3.5 (b2) :

for creep
- it will send creep to attack king, if creep do not fighting anything atm.

for fighter
- it only work on after fighter teleport to king, it will send fighter walk up middle hall.

let me know if have any better ideas or problems.

HuanAk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top