Legion TD 2 for Starcraft 2 - LegionTD2.org

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Legion TD 2 for Starcraft 2 - LegionTD2.org

Post  Disabled on Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:29 pm

Ive been working on Legion TD 2 for Starcraft 2 for 6 months, gave up on it for 2 months, then just re-motivated myself last week to resume work.

So far the game is fully playable, features 2 races (mech, marine) , missing abilities (which will no longer be missing by the end of this weekend), needs lots of polishing (better leaderboard, tooltips, etc)
but has quite a bit of new features un-seen. This game isnt just a remake, its an expansion!

Features (Already Implemented)
-2 races
-Flying units can pass over ground units (compared to squadron td, where flyers cant pass over)
-4 new ways to summon! using the same summons to summon them different ways. each way to summon costs differently but rewards the same income.
1) Ambush summons: spawn in the middle and works there way to do back attacks. Ambush summons move 50% faster
2) Calldown summons: calldown a summon ANYWHERE on the map at ANYTIME! Yes, now you can attack during build time! Calldown summons are also PLAYER CONTROLLED, last 30 seconds, and deal 66% less damage to king
3) Guardian Summons: Team controlled building. These summons warp at king, and last for the remainder of the round.
4) Tug of war summons: Team controlled building. A new lane at the bottom of the map where ToW summons spawn. If a summon reaches the end of the lane, it warps directly to enemy king. ToW summons do not count towards remaining creeps and do not prolong the round. These summons come into play ANYTIME, even during build time!
- Upgrading creeps and summons. Now you can make the game that much harder and upgrade creeps/summons attack, attack speed, and defense! This is a team upgrade.
- Familiar system: Carrier and inceptor concept. The familiar is leashed to the builder and acts as your secondary race. This unit can build a race of your chosing. This unit can also be killed to ruin player's build order. Familiars respawn after x amount of time
- working votekick system
- 2 additional resources making a total of 4 resources. Minerals, gas, tech, exp. Tech and exp are earned at the end of each round.

Coming Soon (Not yet Implemented)
- Perk System, works like a racial ability, except the concept is more interesting and you get to pick it. Each perk has a bonus along with a penalty!
- Career system
- achievement system
- a 5th way to summon. Special Summons: Reapers that jump down from the side to flank units, units that randomly unborrow anywhere in a players spawn, and flying units that come for any random angle.
- Hero system! A hero that is controlled during build time so it can be replaced as much as you like. When rounds start, you lose control. It levels with each round. promoting class of hero can be depends on leaks, kills, income, value. Heroes will NOT be OP and wont be stronger than a t6 unit.
- LOTS of races!
- Curses. Curse the other team for 1 round - only 1 curse per team.
- Builder auras. Builders will be able to build an aura that last 1 round.
- Controlled Attack System. You will be able to to command your units with keys. Auto-Engage: (Default for each round - no action required from player to trigger this) will have units trigger pathing once enemy is in sight - Fallback: Send units to path directly towards king to protect him - Halt: Stops all movement. - Attack: send units to trigger pathing towards warp even if theres no enemy present.
- workers. DIFFERENT WORKERS! you got builds for your towers, now you'll have builds for your economy!

Theres so many other ideas that i cant think of from the top of my head. I have a website that i just made and im looking for original ideas!

Play the beta version on NA battle.net servers: Legion TD 2
Battle.net Channel: LTD2

I look forward to hearing from you guys, as i do have huge plans with this map and love to hear crazy new ideas!

LegionTD2.org

Last edited by Disabled on Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:00 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : webstie)

Disabled
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Re: Legion TD 2 for Starcraft 2 - LegionTD2.org

Post  Soul-O-Eater on Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:01 pm

Sounds like a great idea, even so I liked the Career system in Shadron TD, i hope yours will be something like that, but even if not, a career sytem is always nice which makes people want to play this game.

You says that Flying units no longer stuck behind ground units, but while Shadron is a copy of Legion TD where those thing are included in the balance system won't your doing make flying units a bit imbalanced? Just a guess, don't know wether it's richt or wrong.
New races are always a good idea ^^, if they are balanced of cause. But a question so far, are you going to let your Legion TD 2 for SC2 be a x1 or a x3 game like any other Legion above Legion TD v2 ? You don't want to be called a copycat who steals ideas from Shadron, that is what most people will think, because the don't even know, that Shadron is copied from a WC3 game called Legion TD. So i guess you will call your game also Legion TD, which make sense because your posting your ideas here in a Legion TD forum. So i'd say a x3 would be the best idea wouldn't it? So people can choose between a x1 game and a x3 game. We all hopes it won't work out like in WC3 with like 4 different Legion Versions played at the same time, but never mind that. Just a though of myself.

I'm a bit suspecting against your new summons. I like your 1. and 3. Idea. The 1st idea is like a pretty usefull tactic unit, to distract enemys build. The guardians are also pretty usefull. There will always be ways you know you can't hold or/and your mates are just bad. How many guardians are summoned? I guess there will be one for each teammate?
I think your Calldown and ToW units are kinda imbalanced, even so i don't really know how they works. Can they attack your towers while your in your buildphase? Or do they wait until game starts? If 1st, I'd say they are shit, if 2nd, well might be usfull, but still you don't need them.

I'm curios about your Upgrading system, sounds funny, but i think a teamupgrade would make things a bit to op. So you say every one go for attackspeed and send fast units only. I'd say an upgrade for themselfe would make things more interesting. But I can't say that in all detail while I don't know how it will work with your new Ressources, maybe it won't be as op as i though.

This Familliar sound funny, but in your futurelist is written you want to make Heros? Which is a thing I'd say, you shouldn't do. With making Heros your own unique Legion TD will at that rate still be a copy, because Legion TD MEGA and a few other Legion TDs also have their Herosystem, just like MEGA or EU (that russian Legion TD version). And think about it, WC3 is a game where Heros are normal, but for SC2 you don't have them and you don't need them. You have your unique Familliar system, which sounds pretty good, don't let all your new features go to waste, because you want to implement to many features, which will also make your game imbalanced and/or you have to spend to much time to rebalance it.

I'm looking forward to your career, achievement and perk system, all those things animate people to play your game more often and will keep people to play your game -> more games, more player, more fun.

Will you put the builder auras and curses together? Like the curse will vanish all the enemys auras for one round and make them useless during that time? Because otherwice the curse will make games to short if you'd ask me. There will be enough save asses, who will send strong creeps at critical waves, like wave 17 for MEGA. Then you just have to curse them for this round and the game will be over. Not so funny if you'd ask me, but as in other topics, I don't know how you will make the curse or how it will really work, was just a guess.

New workers, new races, sounds good so far, just make sure to balance all of them and we are fine ^^. This controlled attack system also sounds great, even if the retreat command sound a bit weird and I'm not sure it will work that fine, but the others are good so far. Maybe you could also a command which let your ''protect'' one of your units. Some times it happens, that your build isn't as gd as it should be, like a miss build ot something, but you have a units which is pretty important for your tactic but gets killed first. So that commant protect this units, like they surround it? and every unit gather at one point, and not directly to the units, if that isnt possible to do with scripting.

As you can see, for me some ideas are totally great, others are useless, but while I don't really know how everything will work, I can't give you a good answer either. So it might be nice, if you could explain some of your ideas in detail, so we can give you a more detailed answer ^^.

Greets: Soul

Soul-O-Eater
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Disabled on Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:53 am

Im assuming you mean Squadron TD when you say Shadron TD?

As for the flying units being able to pass over units, this is how legion td has it set and im sure that was factored in when balancing, and it will
also be factored into my map during balancing as well.

I originally had a x1 and x3 option mode, but the x3 spawns were breaking my map so hard from calling on to many triggers and causing way to much lag so i scrapped that
idea completly. A possibilty of replacing x3 mode with a mode that makes units 3x harder and rewards 3x the minerals might come in later on.

The new ways of summoning units adds much more stratagy to play with. The original 24 units to summon from legion td 1 are summoned differently. So the same unit can be
summoned via basic summon, or ambush summon, etc. But not all units are in each method of summoning. Gaurdians for example, are between 12 units (if i remember right).

Calldown and ToW are far from Imbalanced. Towers CANT be killed during build time, so calldown summons WONT be able to kill them during that period. Calldown summons are
12 units that recieve a -50% movement speed and are melee only to prevent kiting. Also, killing a calldown unit rewards the player double the value of minerals (example:
warrior killed gives the player 2 minerals, but if you calldown a warrior and if it gets killed then it awards the killing player 4 minerals) also, not to mention it costs
way more gas to calldown the same unit rather then to summon it the regular way (again, lets use warrior. It cost 60 gas and gives 2 income to send it via regular summon.
Now if u calldown a warrior it costs 90 gas and still rewards the same 2 income - so potentionally you lose income by calldown) Not to mention, the LONG cooldown on calldowns
and also the fact that its on a seperate building that also requires energy to use a calldown (so calldowns WONT be spammed - they just cant.)
Tug of war is in a seperate lane, which also costs more gas to send. These summons go head to head and fight each other. People who have tried the map in a 4 v 4 absolutely
love this feature, as it adds so much more game play during those boring build times.

AS for the heroes. I cant compare it to legion td mega and those other version as i've never played them nor was i aware there was even heroes. The hero system i plan on doing
is going to be very interesting, and far from OP.

Curses as you just mentioned might be a game breaker. Curses would have a minimal curse effect, nothing severe but the cost wouldnt take gas, it would actually use
income, (So you LOSE income to use a curse!)

You challenging my ideas like this is great and really makes me want you as part of my forums! LegionTD2.org

I have the game (currently in beta) but im missing the community to back it up. So for anyone whos a true legion td fan, take the time to checkout my website and join the forums!

LegionTD2.org

Disabled
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Post  Soul-O-Eater on Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:24 am

Ok, know I understand your new spawning creeps. Ye as they are, they aren't op and can be pretty fun for the game and if your tester already said that it should be ok. And indeed it is pretty strategical, but I also though that befor just had a different view of 'em.

Hmm, lag is bad. At that rate you really must be carefull with the balancing, when you make the creeps 3times as strong. For some races it will be easy to kill stronger units but less, others might be the oposide. It'll be the same with the boss, while races like Ghost and Nature with criple and fangle can easily kill 1 boss others like Elemental might have problems. In my opinion you should stay with x2 units, if they won't make the game laggy but boost those to the strengh to be compareable to mass of x3 creeps. But in that matter you don't have to stick to the originals, you should also have something in mind like not just make the creeps 3 times as strong but also do the same with the units and recoordinate the cost for those. But this will actually need more time than just do that with the creeps only. So this is totally up to, wether you want to spend more time as needed for it, i can merily give some option you could do.

The 2 Hero systems I know are those:
MEGA: Heros won't Level like you are used to it in WC3. You can Upgrade 'em for money so it doesn't matter when you build your Hero. There are actually 11 Levels for each hero and every Hero will provide you with atleast 1 Aura or Buff. Important is that you can't controle your Hero, wether in buildphase nor while wave.

EU: In EU the heros are similar to those for normal WC3. If you build 'em in early game it is always better, you can control 'em while wave is in progress and they level normally thru' Exp.

Maybe we can find a good solution for your Legion, which is compareable to all your other stuff, to not make your Legion to complicated.

I also registered myself at your forum under the name ''TakoTatsujin'', which is my normal name online, but for WC3. Maybe we can discuse a bit more there if you have time. If you want to add me or write some massages my name for SC2 is ''TakoTatsujin'' too.

Greets: Soul

Soul-O-Eater
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top